Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Downhome values in the new millenium

It seems like everything in the world is moving faster. Technology is increasing at a dizzying pace. I cannot operate half of the electronic gadgets in my home. Most of the time I have to get my 10 year old son to work the features on my television set. I am starting to learn how to do some basic things on the computer, however,I still type with two fingers and cannot set the time on my VCR. I am fascinated with the many new ways of communicating. I talk to friends around the world through my computer with an audio system called Skype. Cities are growing larger and the problems seem to increase with the growth. I am constantly hearing about problems with crime and drugs. Methamphetamine has created a wave of crime all by itself. Gang problems are on the rise and coporate scandals are commonplace. The world has enough bad to keep us worrying all the time. However, I see a lot of good too.

I have the opportunity to meet many people and do a lot of traveling. There are still plenty of people that are honest, hard working folk. There are more people willing to help you than hurt you. There are still places where people do not have to lock up everything they own. There are still bosses in the world that care about their employees. There are people ready to give back and lend a hand, just like our Grandparents used to do. There are plenty of people that know that you get back what you put in. There are as many people that are eager to teach as there is people that are eager to learn. There are a lot of people that live by the golden rule and do alright for themselves.

There are a lot of times it is hard to keep up and there are times when its not. There is a lot of beauty in the world if we take time to notice it. The sun rise and sunset is still just as beautiful as it was 100 years ago. The grass is still green and the sky is still blue. Love feels the same today as it did 100 years ago. The ground still grows plants and flowers and food. There are sometimes that we just forget to take notice. The best things in life really are free. It doesn't cost anything to hug your child or to thank someone for being your friend.Mom and dad do not charge for telling them you love them. If you can't say it, show it. Enjoy the good of life. Give back to the good of life. You will get far more in return.

No comments: