Sunday, February 04, 2007

Friendship

I have studied leadership for the past several years. I have a real fascination for it. I marvel at the people that do it well. There seems to be as much a talent for it as it is academic. I think that certain elements of leadership can be taught and others are natural abilities. I do think that leadership can be taught and that just about anyone can become an effective leader, but that is a debate for another time.
I have discovered something in my attempts at learning leadership that I did not bargain for. I have learned the power of friendship. As I study and search for information I am continually coming in contact with some very interesting people. In fact, I have developed some very close friendships. My studies have led me to meet many fascinating people across the country and around the world. I now have friends in England, Spain, Canada, Australia, Nigeria, Hawaii, and in many states throughout the country. My desire to learn has grown into something much more valuable. My new found network has led to great discussions on leadership, culture, and a great variety of topics. Most importantly, it has taught me the value of good friends and the beauty of people across the globe. For this, I feel truly blessed.

No comments: