Sunday, February 04, 2007

When times are tough

The following quote arrived at my inbox thanks to todays TQ.
“My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate… at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in a maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, or slow up.”~ Robert Moorehead
I thought this was a wonderful quote to help each of us revisit our since of commitment. When we face difficult times, we have to think about why we do certain things. If we are struggling in a relationship, this quote may help us to think about why we are in this relationship. Is the relationship more important than the problems? If it is our vocation that is testing us, we may think about why we have chosen a certain field to work in. Is it for convenience, or is it for passion?
The big thing is to think about the purpose of our involvements. If you have a strong and compelling purpose behind your actions, then you will have a strong commitment. If your purpose is weak, your commitment will be weak. Take some time out of your day to think about the things you are commited to. Think about why you have chosen to commit to these. As Victor Frankl states in his book Mans search for meaning “If you have a big enough why, you can overcome any how” Our ability to persevere is directly linked to why we get involved.
I just thought this was a great quote and I wanted to share it. You can find many quotes like this at www.thinktq.com Check it out. I think you will like what they have to offer. If nothing else you can capitalize on the many free things they offer.

No comments: